Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Welcome to Seoul , South Korea! Its a good thing that I can totally read Korean characters - it made finding my connecting flight really easy ;) Ha! Well, Seoul's airport is BY FAR the nicest airport that I've ever been in. The floors are either tile or wood, they have very sleek black seats that aren't too comfortable, but I might just be saying that since by bum is sore from my interminable flight. I dont think a cushion of jello would even be comfortable at this point. Anyway, the hallways are all lined with designer stores like Coach, D&G, Chanel, Burberry, Gucci, Prada...it's actually a lot more like a mall than an airport.
So, like I said before, the flight to Seoul was extremely long. I was on a 747 jet which was 10 seats accross. That was something new. The largest plane I've ever been on before that was like 6 accross when I went to Peru.. about as big as the planes I take back and forth between Provo and West Chester. I watched a few movies, ate some Korean food like seaweed soup, talked to my Polynesian neighbor, and slept - very little. Now I'm just waiting in the airport for the rest of the group to arrive - hopefully they will soon! My love to all - hopefully I'll be able to say more when I actually get to Hong Kong!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Such an exciting adventure. I was in Hong Kong nearly 40 years ago. I wonder how it has changed. When we flew out of Hong Kong I hoped our plane would be hi-jacked to China so I could go there. There was no other way an American could see China. A lot has changed in 40 years. I hope you have the time of your life!
hahahaha court! I can just see you super close up to the flights with your ticket trying to compare korean symbols and see which one is yours. hil-arious! i miss you! i can't believe this is real and you're there and not here :[ super weird having you gone. MORE BLOG POSTS!!
hahahha "ding dong hong kong". . . . . amazing and totally should be your blog title.
It's perfect. I love you, and I cried yesterday when I realized you were gone. PLEASE be careful.
love love love love love love LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment